Organization spreads kindness
April 9, 2020
Superior is home to “Ambassadors of Kindness, Inc.,” a nonprofit organization. It began as a Facebook page to inspire others to practice being kind and to show how kindness can spread. Within four months, the Facebook page had close to 7,000 followers. The decision was made to create a nonprofit organization and on Feb. 26, the organization became official.
The organization lead the Magical Toy Drive collecting 275 new toys, four bikes, two tricycles and raised $400. Ambassadors of Kindess, Inc., created the “Colors 4 Kids” program which collected crayons, colored pencils, coloring books and Play-Doh for children in hospitals who are restricted to their hospital rooms. Kindness Bags and the Youth Ambassador program are other ways the organization is reaching out to show kindness.
The organization wants to show kindness to those who help others. Therefore, Ambassadors for Kindness, Inc., has mailed more than 886 Helping Hand handmade cards to care facilities all over Nebraska thanking workers for being on the front lines.” Cards have been sent to grocery stores, first responders, hospital and care facility staff and more.
Ambassadors of Kindness, Inc. has finalized ‘Inspiring Kindness’ scholarships. The ‘Inspiring Kindness’ scholarship lis looking for recipients right now. The scholarships focus on:
1. Students volunteering and-or commitment in their school and community.
2. The students programs, initiatives, clubs or organizations they belong to through their junior-high school. Examples could be: Belonging to FFA, FHA, the National Honor Society, being a Boy or Girl Scout to volunteering in their school or in their community.
Selection criteria will include but is not limited to:
1. An engaging description of their volunteer efforts and-or the clubs and organizations they belonged to while they were in junior and-or high school and their impact on the personal life of the student.
2. The essay should be 600 to 700 words.
3. Proper spelling and grammar usage throughout the submission.
4. Essay must be typed.
5. Plagiarism and/or misleading essays will automatically disqualify the applicant.
6. At the time of application submission, applicant must provide one professional letter of recommendation.
7. The required G.P.A. is 2.3.
Scholarships will be for Fall 2020-2021. Each scholarship is valued at $1,000. Deadline for application and the student’s letter of recommendation is July 1. The board of directors will chose these scholarship recipients. Family members of board directors cannot apply for these scholarships.