The Superior Express -

Fire drives family of 4 from their rural home

 

April 23, 2020

Members of the Superior Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire Friday evening. It is the home of Richard and Heather Watson and is located between Hardy and Superior on the south side of Highway 8. The fire started when a house cat jumped onto a table where a candle was burning and an occupant of the house was using fingernail polish remover. Somehow the highly flammable substance connected with candle and ignited.

Late Friday afternoon members of the Superior Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire at 4037 Road B. Road B is the former route of Highway 3S. It is located south of the current Highway 8 and the former Burlington railroad line. Prior to the fire, the Richard Watson family of four called the well-maintained house their home. All occupants of the house escaped without injury and the family pets were saved though Heather Watson was treated at Brodstone Hospital for smoke inhalation.

When the fire started, Katelynn was doing her nails. It is thought a cat jumped on the table an...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020