Ute Theatre started before 1915 across the street from today's location
January 28, 2021
The Ute Theater in Mankato has quite the history. Prior to 1915, the theater was located across the street from its current location. Around 1915, Sam Blair of Belleville bought the theater and moved it to its present location. At that time, the theater was named the Blair Theatre.
Until 1928, there were only silent movies. These movies were accompanied by the piano. Opal Lamb served as the piano player while she was in high school. Other piano players during the silent movie times were Kathryn Kramer and Margaret Countryman.
In 1927, Jesse DeLong took over management of the Blair Theatre...