Steuben – Post Office and School
May 20, 2021
The Steuben Post Office was located in Holmwood Township, Section 12 per Shute and Dillon in Prairie Jewels. It was organized and discontinued three times. First organized on Aug. 19, 1875, it was first discontinued on June 23, 1882. It was reestablished on April 4, 1887, and discontinued for the second time on May 16, 1889. It was reestablished again on April 28, 1891, and permanently discontinued on Oct. 15, 1900.
W. T. Hunter – William Timothy Hunter - was postmaster during the first and second times the post office was established at Steuben. He was replaced by Emily Diamond for t...