The Superior Express -

Formoso Rural High School District 7

 

The Memorial Market which stands along Paterson Street in Formoso provides a brief history of the schools of Formoso. 

The Black and Gold Falcons of Formoso were part of the educational scene of Jewell County for 50 years. The four-year high school began in the fall of 1910 and closed in the spring of 1960. The closure came after an April 19, 1960, fire had so damaged the school building it was condemned. But the history of the high school began a bit earlier.

Anne Bowles, Deborah Guthrie and Pearl Thompson were the first students to graduate from Formoso High School. The year was 1904. That first commencement was held in the Formoso Methodist Episcopal Church. The three graduates were seated on the ro...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 10/03/2022 15:58