The Superior Express -

Vesty Center Fire

 

August 11, 2022

Repair of the awning above the entrance to the Vestey Center turned out to be a bit more exciting than expected when the Superior Volunteer Fire Department had to be called last Wednesday afternoon. When the plastered ceiling began to sag, it was discovered the wooden structure that held it in place was rotting. A spark from a cutting tool being used to facilitate the repair apparently started the fire and resulted in the firefighters being called.

Repair of the awning above the entrance to the Vestey Center turned out to be a bit more exciting than expected when the Superior Volunteer Fire Department had to be called last Wednesday afternoon. When the plastered ceiling began to sag, it was discovered the wooden structure that held it in place was rotting. A spark from a cutting tool being used to facilitate the repair apparently started the fire and resulted in the firefighters being called.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 10/01/2022 09:03