Superior Volunteer Fire Department Firemen were able to extinguish the fire

 

Friday morning was cool, bright and sunny with little wind. About mid-morning, Frank Langer had decided to burn trash on the hill behind their house along the Webber Road south of Superior. Around noon, Brad Purcell, a nearby neighbor, was headed home for lunch when he spotted smoke and called the fire department. A stray spark had ignited an old corn crib on the Langer property. About the same time, Langer had gone to check and also found the fire. He was surprised as he burns trash in a barrow. Members of the Superior Volunteer Fire Department Firemen were able to extinguish the fire before...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Superior Express
Nuckolls County Locomotive Gazette
Jewell County Record

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024