Nuckolls Co. had only hybrid school
June 23, 2022
In 1954 Nuckolls County had the ony combination parochial and public school in Nebrska. It was located in the St. Stephens church south Lawrence. The four lower grades were parocial with 35 pupils and Ileen Kathman as teacher. The upper four grades with 20 pupils had Caroline Brockman as teacher. The public school district paid rent to the church for the room it used.
The arrangement known as the Nuckolls County hybrid school had functioned for about 30 years....