Griffins keeping watch

Auditorium detail


November 10, 2022

The Superior Auditorium has been at the heart of the Superior community since city voters approved issuing bonds for its construction in July, 1935. Griffins are legendary creatures with the body, tail and back legs of a lion, the head and wings of an eagle and sometimes, the talons of eagles on the front feet.

Bids for construction were let in April, 1936. The first event was held at the auditorium on January 29, 1936. The city officially accepted the building from the contractors on Feb. 21, 1937.

Now what do griffins have to do withe the auditorium? The building is actually home to two...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Superior Express
Nuckolls County Locomotive Gazette
Jewell County Record

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 05/06/2024 17:00