Aunt Flossieʼs electric meter bursts into fire

 

Flames shoot from an electrical meter mounted to the exterior of Aunt Flossies. Electrical power was cut off from the building by the Superior Utilities Department and power was restored to downtown Superior. No damage was evident to the interior of the building housing Aunt Flossies.

Members of the Superior Volunteer Fire Department were called Friday afternoon when a meter box serving Aunt Flossie's Cupboard at 324 Central Avenue caught fire.

It resembled a block party as customers and employees of nearby businesses came out the back doors of the main street buildings to see what all the commotion in the alley was about. One of them said, it looked like a block party was being held.

It was raining lightly and there had been lightning associated with the rain, however, it didn't appear to the Superior Utility Department that a lightning strike caused the fire.

Fortun...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Superior Express
Nuckolls County Locomotive Gazette
Jewell County Record

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/23/2024 17:26